Monday, August 30, 2010

Rah! Rah! Rah! Cheerleaders pep up dour Japan


On a recent Saturday, some 20 members of elderly cheerleading club Japan Pom Pom performed at a competition near Tokyo, waving gold pom-poms and dancing to the rhythm in shiny red costumes adored with sequins and wearing bobbed silver wigs. The club, whose members' ages average 66 and add up to 1,520 years, practices two hours a week and often performs at children's hospitals as well as nursing homes. In Tokyo's bustling business district of Shinjuku, Aya Saito, 33, has been dancing on a street every morning to the 1980s pop song "Mickey" for seven months as commuters rush by to work.

My opinion

The group's enthusiasm appears to be contagious. Although they are not young and cannot dance well, but their try them best. This courage is so great. I should learn from them. I hope when I old or do not need work, I can do some interesting things like them. I think if they show themselves on the ground, everybody will clap their hands. Fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment