Monday, August 30, 2010

Japan astronaut gets designer 'space suit'


The US space shuttle Discovery blasted off on Monday with Yamazaki and two other female crew on board, bound for the International Space Station (ISS) on a historic mission that put more women in orbit than ever before.Ahead of her departure, Yamazaki, 39, asked Ashida, daughter of fashion guru Jun Ashida, to design her work clothes for the 13-day space mission and she came up with a slim knit cardigan in light blue with navy blue shorts."As a female designer, I chose a design and colour with a sense of grace ... so that she can feel at ease as she carries out a tough mission in a male-dominated, bleak atmosphere," Ashida said on Wednesday."It's like a dream come true to see my clothes worn in space," said Ashida. "I'm looking forward to seeing her wear my design."

My opinion

The designer is so cool. I also like design something in my daily life. I want to become a stage designer, because it is so cool. I can design the stage which I like. Of cause, I also can see the star. The designer can have this idea is very interesting. Next time, they can try to design the spaceship. Japan's astronauts have shown a penchant for space entertainment in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment